What makes this film worth watching? See All Reviews
Remarkably well-cast D.H. Lawrence biopic was one of the last works distributed by Filmways Pictures.
- Graham Faulkner - Cornish Farmer
- James Faulkner - Aldous Huxley
- Ava Gardner - Mabel Dodge Luhan
- John Gielgud - Herbert G. Muskett
- Mike Gwilym - John Middleton Murry
- Penelope Keith - Dorothy Brett
- Ian McKellen - D.H. Lawrence
- Maurizio Merli - Angelo Ravagli
- Sarah Miles - Film Star
- Massimo Ranieri - Piero Pini
- Jorge Rivero - Tony Luhan
- Janet Suzman - Frieda Lawrence
Member Reviews (4)
Very romantic retrospective on a great thinker and the love of a good woman! Cinematography is outstanding.
So many excellent things about this movie. A writer worth making a movie about --- is is only because he made a stir sexually? I'd like to hear more about the rest of his genius, here. And much about his so called "erotic adventures" is only implied, so lightly that it's hard to know what they were. But I really enjoyed the movie, which treated all with such respect, and honesty about their eccentric behaviors that were not always pleasing. I can't understand him having TB and not treating it as contagious. Odd.
Beautifully made. Moving, informative, visually lovely, and a rare enough treat to see a writer as a subject, much less his wife. A good marriage, too, what an unusual thing to see portrayed.
excellent and timely----present day relevance for sure