A $100 million gold cache, hidden in the North African desert during World War II, is at the center of the crime mystery plot. George Raft, mistaken for an American detective working for French Intelligence, is drawn into the hunt for the missing gold and quickly finds himself a suspect in the strangulation murder of beautiful Irene Papas.
- Action/Adventure / Treasure Hunting
- Classic / Classic Crime
- Crime / Crime-fighter / Detective
- Crime / Transgression / Murder
- Film noir / 1950s noir
- Film noir / International noir
- International / Americas / North American / American
- International / European / Italian
- International / European / United Kingdom
Cast & Crew
Reviews(see the best reviews)
this is true to fact american classic cinema , I loved the movie; this is classy cinema.
Not really very coherent, but mildly interesting would-be noir thriller, set in Algiers. Apparently some of the film was actually filmed there, but mostly this was limited to the airport and a few night shots in the city. The rest is pretty well bound to the sound stage. George Raft gets the girl. Big surpise (not).
I Love! it says Bruno!
...class act that Raft - gotta know 'Casablanca' ...wish the guy had accepted more roles ...liked his days off...