Upon losing his wife, seventy-five year old Werner ventures out to the back of his house and begins to rebuild the Berlin Wall, stirring fervent reactions from the local suburbanites, refugees, children and police.
Cast & Crew
- Dominik Bender - Hans
- Jamila Bilal - Neighbourhood Kid
- Marin Caktas - Helmut's Helper
- Paul Corea - Peter
- Carina Drews - Second Concerned Woman
- Hannes Ducke - Funeral Manager
- Denzel Ebe - Neighbourhood Kid
- Robert Frank - Kegel Group Member
- Kai-Peter Gläser - Policeman
- Chantal Hourticolon - Nina
- Yvonne Johna - Katja
- Milena Mande - Neighbourhood Kid
- Melany Morgan - Kegel Group Member
- Fritz Roth - Helmut
- Joost Siedhoff - Werner Schlomerkemper
- Awards & Accolades
- Jury Prize (Short) Hong Kong International Film Festival 2010
Reviews(see the best reviews)
Touching film. A review of cultural ambiguities and emotions.
found it sad; and at the same time interesting, describing how we hold on to our feelings and how people have to learn to let go and try to live with each other.
Excellent movie! Very thought-provoking.
Very nice!! I thought it was political and then it just turned out to be love. :)