Sexy, jazz-loving and dressed to kill, Roxie Hart (Phyllis Haver) has a doting, handsome husband in Victor Varconi; not to mention a gold-digging affair on the side with Eugene Pallette, who pays and pays, eventually with his life. Put on trial for murder, Roxie secures lawyer Billy Flynn (Robert Edeson), equal part mob “mouthpiece” and publicity agent. When Roxie hits the headlines, the courtroom theatrics begin.
Cast & Crew
- T. Roy Barnes - Reporter
- Virginia Bradford - Katie
- Clarence Burton - Police Sergeant
- Robert Edeson - Billy Flynn
- Julia Faye - Velma Kelly
- Phyllis Haver - Roxie Hart
- Viola Louie - Two Gun Rosie
- Eugene Pallette - Rodney Casley
- Warner Richmond - Asst. District Attorney
- May Robson - Matron "Mama" Morton
- Victor Varconi - Amos Hart
Reviews(see the best reviews)
A wonderfully lively and very funny film adaptation of what would later become a Tony and Oscar winning musical. Here you have it all unabashed and with a different ending thanks to Hollywood's need for bourgeouis acceptance. Great direction and perfect acting from everyone.
Very good. I really enjoyed this flick my first time viewing. Chicago.